Monday, February 16, 2015

Type 2: Feb. 16

I started to research about this project this weekend and decided to look up videos on him and found a really nice BBC special on Charlie Parker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQg-55tZxg I think it's especially cool to work on a project or person that is relevant to our lives. Charlie Parker spent a lot of his time in Kansas City. My grandparents lived in downtown Kansas City all their lives so it was interesting to talk to my grandma about life back then as well. I found out that Charlie Parker wasn't perfect. He got into drugs, but he was an awesome person and produced some of the best music from the twentieth century. I hope that I can honor him through my design in this project. I researched a lot of exhibit layout as well as looked more into the definitions of icons, symbols and indexes. Here are some inspiration photos I found along the way.















2 comments:

  1. thanks for the link to the bbc4!

    suggest you develop attributes for the experience if you haven't already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link to the bbc4!

    suggest you develop attributes for the experience if you haven't already :-)

    ReplyDelete