Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Type 2. 2-24

So from last class, I thought a lot about what I actually wanted to do more as a theme throughout the space. Last class I didn't feel like I had a solid direction, but I feel better about it now. So the exhibit would be separate into parts; the first would be how Kansas City and local musicians influenced his music. The second part would be the start of Be Bop and New York. And the next would be how his addictions influenced his music and how it evolved. The last space would combine all the sections into a listening room with headphones so that you could see next to each other or after another how he sounded at different points in his life, and how different things changed how he played. So this is the basic floor plan. 













I also wanted to incorporate the negative space logo that I created as a pattern of a floor tile so I've been playing around with that.
























When you first walk in you arrive in the Kansas City influence area. Here are some graphics I have made for this and a mock up as well.















I know as well I want to have his own written compound accents that are so prominent in Be Bop in that section. The last section I created labels to go behind the headphones to show what you're listening to.
And finally I messed around with phrases and words that come to mind when I think of Charlie Parker and put those on the outside.


1 comment: